Sunday, November 11, 2007

Me and Rob

Ben invited me to a meet and greet for the L.A. Kings at Hollywood Park. The area was cordoned off for the event and they had free nachos, hotdogs, soda, water, and hot chocolate for us. Yay! They had queues set up set up for different players and I immediately got into line for Rob Blake. After a 15 year affair in my head, I finally got to meet my favorite player! It took me about 45 minutes to get to the front, but eventually I got there. Yeah, he's got the Big Bird nose, but the blues eyes and crooked smile still made me flustered. And did I mention that I had thing for nice arms? **sigh** I told him that he's been my favorite player since he started with the Kings. He thanked me and assented to signing my hat with the baby blue pen. Then it was time to take the picture. I noticed that everyone else taking a picture with the players didn't get much closer than maybe an arm around the shoulder. Not me. I waited almost 15 years for this so I got right up close and snuggled into the side of his neck. He only looks "slightly" uncomfortable. Tee hee. Looking back, I should have just jumped in his lap. That would have been an awesome picture! Well... I still got a great picture and he signed my hat. That will have to be good enough. =) Thanks, Rob, for humouring me!! To check out more pics, click on the pic of me and Rob below.
After we had gotten our fill of oggling the players, Ben, Antonio and I decided to watch a couple of the horse races. Antonio and I placed a bet on the first race and we won $16! Yay! We had to stay for the next race, too, because we had obviously caught the Bug. =P The next race we only won $4.50. Oh well. So we quit while we were ahead and left.
When we got back to their place, Antonio and I enjoyed a late lunch at George's Greek Deli, one of our favorite places to eat. We had lamb chops and avgolemono soup followed by baklava. Taaasty!

No comments: