Monday, October 09, 2006

I love stuff

This weekend was pretty busy. It started with scrapbooking on Friday. I got one half of a spread from the Kelly Clarkson concert done. I think I'll try to finish the other half, maybe even the other spread sometime this week. My Hunny will be going on a work trip so I'll have a little time on my hands.
Here's how Chore-day Saturday went. Among other things, we needed to get a RugDoctor for the carpets:
1. Go to Time Warner, pick up cable box.
2. At lunch we make a shopping list for groceries. I suggest going to Ralph's to get the RugDoctor since that's where I wanted to go grocery shopping and buy a soup pot since my old roommate accidentally took mine. Veto'd by Hunny because he doesn't think it will be there. We go to Albertson's.
3. Go to Albertson's to get RugDr and groceries.
4. Leave Alberton's - they're out of RugDr's.
5. Go to Von's to get RugDr and groceries.
6. Leave Von's - they don't carry RugDr. I suggest trying Ralph's again since it's the only one left and I really need to get groceries to make soup for the week.
7. Go to Ralph's. They have groceries. They have soup pots. Guess what... they even have RugDoctors! I get my groceries (no soup pot since it's too big... something like 20 gal). Hunny gets the RugDr. We head home.
8. Hunny starts on the carpets while I put groceries away, prep the other room and clean my own room.
9. After about four hours of hard labor (did I mention that since there was only one RugDr, I didn't have to doctor any rugs? Yep... I got the better end of the deal) we decide to go eat. The carpets need to dry anyway. We stop at some friends' house to pick up an end table and key. Lucky us, they have "Thank you for helping us out" gift certificate to Riviera Mexican Grill. Yay! Sangria time!
10. Dinner at Riviera... taaaasty. We shared crab quesadillas and fried fish tacos.
11. Go back to the house. New roommate is coming to pick up her key.
12. Hunny decides that he should bring the RugDr back tonight, but fears Ralph's might close early. He goes anyway. About 15 minutes later, I get a call, "This Ralph's is great! It's open 24 hrs!" Heh... whad'ya know?

Sunday turned out great. We had a church luncheon (my Aunt's church) where they had food, music, raffle prizes, games, crafts to buy, etc. It was pretty fun. I will definitely post some pics. Since it was my Uncle's birthday we went out to dinner for him, too. Unfortunately I didn't know it was supposed to be a surprise. I asked my cousin's wife what time we were leaving the house for dinner. She, in turn, asked *sigh* my uncle. He said, "What dinner?" Oops. Who'd a thunk that that only two that didn't know it was a surprise would collaborate together and blow it? Oh well... dinner was awesome anyway... especially with my Uncle saying, "Wow! I didn't know you were going to be here for dinner!" everytime another family member came thru the door. One of the best dishes was the crab. It was stir fried so it had this light crispy, salty coating and had dry-fried minced garlic and chilies over it. Ohhhh yummmy!! Pictures will come soon. I know there's even one of Hunny picking up the chicken head and kissing it. Part of his initiation into eating with our family. =P

My ear is almost back to normal. I'll need to post another pic or two. It's still a little sensitive but other than that, it's all guud! Bleh... too much. All done for now!

No comments: